Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today

is going to be a long day. I'm stuck in the car traveling the route I posted yesterday. Fortunately my dad is driving so I can do this. I decided I'm gonna listen to all the albums I have on my iPod that I haven't given a chance to. I already listened to Chiodos' Bone Palace Ballet: Grand Coda through Massachusetts and Rhode Island. It gets a little worse with every listen to be honest. I didn't like the album at first, save for three or four songs, but the re-issue rejuvenated it. Now though, the more I listen to the new songs on Coda, I get the feeling they were very rushed. The songs lack a certain quality. I just finished listening to Circus Circus' Brooklyn Nightlife, and I must say, I'm impressed. This is one I'll definitely listen to again. For fans of Chiodos, Alexisonfire, and other generic (BUT GOOD) metalcore/post-hardcore-ish stuff. Right now I have Codeseven's Dancing Echoes/Dead Sounds on, and I cannot think of why I haven't listened to this yet. I heard of these guys from an Equal Vision Records sampler I got at Hot Topic in '05. Oddly enough, that's also how I got into Circa Survive, Bear vs. Shark, and Armor For Sleep. I still have that sampler. I'd recommend these guys if you like Circa, or even some post-rock stuff. When I finish this (or the next record) I'll edit this post.

EDIT: That Codeseven record is very good, but it felt like it dragged on. It definitely could be that I'm trapped in a car with my family and no one to talk to because it's 11am on a Sunday. Right now I have Chuck Ragan on. It was refreshing to hear the first chords after that Codeseven record. I always liked Hot Water Music, but I never could get that into it. This though I can dig. I definitely recommend Feast or Famine to anyone who likes folky acoustic stuff. Another edit to come soon.

EDIT 2: Right now I have Uzi & Ari's Headworms on. If anyone reads anything I say you may have seen what I said about It Is Freezing Out. Well, this record is far different from that. But NOT in a bad way. If anything, Headworms is more accessible than It Is Freezing Out, but it sacrifices nothing that makes Uzi & Ari different than everything I listen to. Another edit soon.

EDIT 3: Now I have Further Seems Forever on. Like Dashboard Confessional? You probably like this band. It's just Chris Carraba's pre-DC band. There was another singer too, but the only album I really like is The Moon Is Down. I'm getting really annoyed with everyone in this van.

EDIT 4: Showbread's No Sir, Nihilism Is Not Practical is a really long record. Not to say that it's not good, I'm actually rather enjoying it, but it's very long. Christian post-hardcore, I believe they're on Tooth & Nail.

EDIT 5: Closure In Moscow's debut albumette, The Penance and The Patience, is not as good as I hoped. All the reviews I've read just RAVE about it and to be perfectly honest, I'm not very enamored at all. It may stay on my iPod though, I'll give it time to grow.

EDIT 6: Just finished You, Me, and Everyone We Know's new EP. Still love it :). There's not a whole lot of really REALLY poppy stuff I listen to, but man I love those guys.

EDIT 7: Secret Lives! of the Freemasons are new to me. I know, I'm behind. They're pretty good, worth giving a shot if you're a fan of the other generic post-hardcore stuff I recommend. With a name like that though, I keep wanting them to be a ska band. Oh well, I'll settle lol.

EDIT 8: This will be my last update till I get home. I just got through Darling, You Should Be Ashamed's new EP, The Weight Of Days, and I must say, it's awesome, though not as good as their first, Nostalgia. It shows definite progression, but I don't think they're fully comfortable with it the way they seemed with Nostalgia. It's unfortunate they're on hiatus, their next could be outstanding. I'd recommend these guys to fans of The Chariot, Greeley Estates, and stuff along those lines.

No comments: