Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BEST ALBUMS of 2008

Here we go the big reveal:

Honorable Mentions: Anthony Green - Avalon, The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound, Russian Circles - Station, Thrice - The Alchemy Index Volumes 3 & 4: Air & Earth, United Nations - United Nations

10. Once Nothing - First Came The Law
9. Copeland - You Are My Sunshine
8. Dance Gavin Dance - Dance Gavin Dance
7. Good Old War - Only Way To Be Alone
6. Bayside - Shudder

5. Underøath - Lost In The Sound of Separation
Unquestionably my favorite UO record to date. I can't think of a single complaint about it.

4. Colour Revolt - Plunder, Beg, and Curse
Every time I listen to this record I find a new song to love.

3. City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love
The beauty of this one lies in it's sheer simplicity.

2. La Dispute - Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair
One of the most emotional records I've ever heard in my life. Legitimate screamo is still alive and kicking.

1. Lydia - ...Illuminate
Some of the most beautiful sounds ever put to record. This has been my number one since January, and nothing has been able to come close.



Again, if I'm missing any lists you'd like to see, please let me know. Also, read these on my Myspace, the formatting is better there. This list also may change as soon as next week, with every listen I find something new to love in all of these albums. Please, give these artists a chance.

No comments: