Monday, December 29, 2008

Best Songs of 2008

10. "The Dust of a Town" - Once Nothing - First Came the Law
9. "Storms" - Person L - Initial EP
8. "Wolves At Night (Live on WBRU-FM)" - Manchester Orchestra - Let My Pride Be EP
7. "You've Already Been (iTunes Bonus Track)" - Bayside - Shudder
6. "Breathing In A New Mentality" - Underøath - Lost In The Sound of Separation
5. "One More Day" - Lydia - ...Illuminate
4. "New Storms For Older Lovers" - La Dispute - Somewhere At the Bottom of The River
Between Vega and Altair

3. "Moses of The South" - Colour Revolt - Plunder, Beg, and Curse
2. "Water and God" - All Get Out - All Get Out EP
1. "I, The Swan" - The Sound of Animals Fighting - The Ocean and the Sun

Unfortunately I couldn't find all of these songs on Myspace, otherwise I'd have a playlist of them. Just a few notes:
"Wolves at Night (WBRU-FM)" is VERY different from the version featured on I'm Like A
Virgin Losing a Child
. It's worth buying though. "You've Already Been" is the iTunes bonus track to Shudder, but would have been the best song on the record. "I, the Swan" just makes me dance.

No comments: